“A DJ can't just play one song. It's about playing a set, or how you connect songs in those two hours, and where you place them.” – Zedd
Music for me is a relief from the real world, something to just get away from all the chaos that is today’s society.
EDM and Dubstep are my main two favorite genres but I enjoy almost anything that is played. Ever since I was a kid I dreamed of being a DJ and listened to one of the most well-known dubstep producers, Skrillex.
My EDM scene experience started for me when I was around 10 years old.
- My first EDM concert/festival was the Thank You Festival at Merriweather Post in Columbia, MD where I saw a wide variety of EDM artists from Alvin Risk, Krewella, Cedric Gervais, Above & Beyond, and Tiësto. My parents bought me the tickets for my birthday because Krewella was my favorite DJ Duo at the time and I was dying to see them live.
- One year for Christmas my grandparents bought me a starter DJ set with a simple mixer and two turntables. That New Years Eve I spent most of the night down in the basement trying to mix together two Skrillex songs from the vinyl records I also got for Christmas.
- Going to Moonrise Festival in 2015 and 2016 was when I really started to discover how deep these genres were with all the up and coming DJs that were at the festival.
As far as other experiences here are a few of my favorites:
- Brillz & Party Favor in DC
- Boombox Cartel, Ghastly, and Slander in DC
- Armin Van Buuren
- San Holo in Baltimore
- On the rail for Slander, NGHTMRE, Habstrakt @ Gud Vibrations Tour
Through all of these experiences, I really began to dive deep into EDM and Dubstep listening to new songs on SoundCloud and really getting to figure out which DJs/producers I enjoyed.
Moonrise Festival was an influential factor because when I wanted to go the next year, I was determined to know almost every DJ on the lineup.
EDM & Fun under Xtreme konditions
EDM Music and the rave scene truly represent what Fun under Xtreme konditions is all about. Having FUN and having a Work Hard Play Hard attitude about life. It’s the chest bumping music, the outfits, the confetti, the lights, and the overall atmosphere of all the people there just to enjoy the same type of music.
That’s why EDM & Fun under Xtreme konditions go together.
See You At Moonrise Festival 2017
See you all at Moonrise 2017 and stop by the FuXk Booth in Vendor Village. I won’t be there but my mom and dad will be! I’ll be at the Solar Dance Tent 😊